Squash Soup with Beans

I participated in this round of the WC Recipe Exchange. I have been a horrible procrastinator and finally got around to making my soup today.

Sadly Adam doesn't like squash so I most likely wouldn't make this again, but it was very good for me and I liked the texture the beans gave to it. Sadly my camera batteries died as I turned it on to take a picture of the soup, so no pictures this round :(

Thank you for whomever submitted it.

Butternut Squash Soup

  • 2 squash, chopped into 1" chunks
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 4-6 c. chicken broth
  • 2 cans Goya pink beans, rinsed and drained

Sauté onion and celery until starting to brown.

Add chopped squash and sauté until squash is browning. Add approximately 4-6 cups of chicken broth, just enough to cover.

Keep on lowest heat possible and simmer for approximately 1 hour; add beans and cook for about 5 more minutes.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: